Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Weekly Update?

Hello my devoted readers. I find myself scurrying over to the computer several times a day to check Melanie's frequently updated blog and today asked myself "I wonder if anyone is doing that to mine? How disappointed they must be?!"

Changes in our household since adding a third child... most notably, my computer time has been slashed. If you get a no-upper case letters email from me, that means Jake was in my other arm. My 'old' times for blogging etc. were first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Now, I spend my early mornings nursing and then trying to get a quick shower before Ava wakes up. Late nights- for those of you that know us well, "late night" means after 8pm... never, ever call my house after 8pm unless you are reporting serious business... the deal I make- you don't call me after 8pm; I won't call you before 8 am- late nights are spent racing each other to bed to see if we can get a full 2.5 hours of sleep before Jake beckons.

Jake is awesome. He eats, he sleeps, he poops. Does not cry much, but give him time. It has only been 10 days. The pictures I will post were taken by Ruthie. So sweet! She has a gift. I do not have this gift, nor the camera to back it up.

Sam is enjoying kindergarten- lunch and recess are his favorite times as far as I can tell. He loves Jake and also loves to cart him around- when Mom isn't watching. Makes Mom a little nervous.

And Ava. Ah... Princess Ava. Her Highness. Okay. Formerly known as "Her Highness". Currently answering to "Her Highneeds". She has been a MESS since we brought Jake home. Attention seeking, argumentative, easily agitated. I can't really blame her- we brought Jake home on the same day that Sam went to school and that sent her spinning. She has always had Sam to entertain her, and now she is stuck with Momma, who has Jake glued to her, and she is not impressed. We are trying hard to make her feel included, loved, etc. I am hoping that time will heal all and that no permanent damage is being done.

Jason has taken 1.5 days off of work so far. That could be why my blog hasn't been updated also. He is so busy with first Labor Day and now Special Events season. Also don't forget hunting season. When I get the pictures off the camera I have lovely shots of Jason and Sam dove hunting, twice this week so far.

And for me... a sloppy ball of hormones. I am ready for my old, cynical self back. This is why absolutely no company allowed following the birth of a child. We did the cabinets for the new house today and I was fully prepared to cry my way through it. Luckily, our builder's wife has some sort of intuition and she came over yesterday to hold my hand and guide me through my choices so the meeting today went smoothly. My sister is here to help me also- that is nice- she has an amazing amount of energy, likely fueled by full night's sleep at my mom's house. My body is healing and I am waiting impatiently for Jake to suck off the almost 40 pounds I packed on while I hosted him. It's the least he can do. I told him that I would withhold solid food until Mom's winter clothes fit. He said "snort".

5 comments:

THE WHITE HOUSE said...

Glad Jake is doing well! You crack me up! I hope that you will find a new "normal" and routine soon! Put Ava in a box and send her to us. We run a daycare Mon.-Fri. anyways! :) Love y'all!

Lindsay

Mark and Kimberly Davis said...

Happy to see an update on Jake, Ava and Sam. I absolutely love the black and white photos.

Kimberly

Elaine said...

I FEEL your pain. It does improve and before you know it you will be having the time of your life as grandparents. Seriously, enjoy this time--it goes by quickly.

Amber said...

Cheri...I feel your pain as I am lying on the bed, nursing, laptop in front of baby, trying to read sideways and type with arms far extended. You are doing awesome! Everyone says the transition from 2 to 3 is the hardest and don't they know it! My kids were so crabby tonight until I realized (at 7pm) that I forgot to give them dinner. How does this happen? The pics are beautiful. It was so fun visiting with you the other day and holding that precious little bundle. Stop by soon!

Kyle and Melanie White said...

Wow...I am overwhelmed just by reading what your life is like with 2 young children and a newborn, and the fact that Jason has had to work a lot, AND you're trying to get a house built. Sounds like you're doing a great job at juggling all that. Hope things start getting easier for you soon.
-Melanie